Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Crowds

Our Thanksgiving tables were abundantly full this year - with food AND people!


in the back: Sarah, Dan, Leah (unfortunately, Kallie was napping when we took this picture), Phil, Kiff, Emma, Scott, Autumn, Grace, Nomie, Maggie, Lucy, Mom, Dad, Grant, Grandmom, Jeff, Sylvie
seated: Gray, Rob, Mary, Peter (Rob's brother)

We had overnight guests Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights, so we had two full days of family family family! Good times and good memories! :)

That is, except for the fact that the whole time I have had severe back pain! I'm still feeling like an invalid today. At the moment I'm set up on a heating pad on the couch by the fire... Sounds nice, but boy is it awful. But I'm SO grateful for my family who pitched right in and helped with cleaning up and dishes and even laundry. Mom and Grandmom especially were invaluable, and I'm so grateful how they jumped right in without my even asking. It's unfortunate timing with the holiday and all, but, like Dad said, it's good for my sanctification -- to let go of my need to have a house in perfect order and be the perfect hostess!

*sigh*

Also unfortunate was that little Kallie has had a pretty bad fever - so bad that Leah took her to the ER on Thanksgiving night! There was nothing majorly wrong; it was just a virus. But the poor little thing was so uncomfortable and pathetic! :(

Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
 And now we enter the Christmas season ~ yay!!!
:)

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to be there! What a great family I'm part of! There is a wonderful spirit of hospitality in that house!

    ReplyDelete