Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Couple Reasons to Celebrate

First of all, we welcomed baby Wesley Adam Case to our lives on Monday, August 27! Kiff had been having contractions for three days -- yes, three days -- and was soooooo ready for him to come! We actually went in to the hospital late Saturday night, but she wasn't dilated enough so they sent us home. :( Then at 3 a.m. on Sunday, she came knocking on our door... "It's time!"  So we all got up, quickly got ourselves together, and drove like mad to the birthing center! Her Aunt Alice was staying with us and was with Kiff the entire time. WHAT a blessing she was. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was extremely grateful to have her here. Having never had a baby myself, I didn't really know how to help or what to do... Alice just jumped in there and was beside Kiff the whole time! Kiff's friend Allison was there too. And Jeff and I were actually in the delivery room when Wesley came! I got a video of it (from a discrete angle) and pictures too, of course...

 Kiff's first real chance to cuddle with her 6 lb 9 oz perfect baby boy
 Congrats, Pop Pop!
Mommy and Wesley are soooooo tired...

Sasa and Wesley
Chilling on Pop Pop's lap

 Kiff with her little buddy

In other news, I am recently employed! I am the newest staff member at Blue Ridge Middle School (in Purcellville - 10 minutes from my house - amazing) as their Math Lab Teacher and I am THRILLED to have this opportunity!! It is an amazing opportunity for me because Purcellville schools are much desired by teachers and difficult to get into. This position opened up after the school year began, and I was still available! They would have preferred that I be high school certified, but I will acquire that certification during this year and will be ready to go next year for a regular full-time teaching position. This position is part-time; I will be there every other day to work with 6th and 7th grade students who are struggling in their regular math class. Math scores on their SOLs (standardized tests) was dismally low this past year (which was expected because of a new test format) and they need extra help getting their kids up to speed and ready for higher levels of math. Yesterday was my first day. The staff is terrific and the kids are too! I am beyond grateful to be there. Working every other day will be ideal too because it eases me into the teaching profession and gives me time to take care of things at home. I know God had this orchestrated from the beginning and I am so grateful to see His hand at work in my life!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sasa! I know where that came from! :) Congratulations on the job too. How exciting! It's amazing how close it is to home. Wow! It sounds like a great way to get your foot in the door. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Wesley for his triumphal entry! Congratulations to Kiff for her beautiful little boy! ... and to the grandparents, and Uncles, and all!!

    Sylvie, SO glad you've found a place and that it seems a perfect fit. May you grow and give to His honor!

    ReplyDelete