Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Signs of Life & Irish Soda Bread
The first sign of spring in our house! A yellow pansy!! Woo hoo!
And in honor of St. Patrick, I made my very first batch of Irish soda bread today. Since Grandpa is Irish, we had soda bread lots when I was little... I especially remember having it as a Sunday afternoon or evening treat. It's really yummy with jam. Mmmmm.
So I enjoyed freshly made soda bread, some raspberry jam, and a cup of Irish tea in the sunroom as I read the first couple chapters of "I Will Give You the Rain" by Deana Marie Meyers. A friend from my home group gave this book to me, and I must say, so far I really like it. It's a collection of short chapters, each one a meditation on a particular verse - good for a daily devotion. (I was going to create a link to Amazon or somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere... I guess it's privately published.)
Hope spring finds you soon (if it hasn't already)... and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the pansy! I cleaned up part of my balcony garden today in preparation for Spring, and bought some daffodils to adorn our table. I love the change of the gray of Winter to the green of Spring. Love to watch things grow.
ReplyDeleteAnd not to sound too non-Irish.... what exactly is soda bread? Got a recipe to share?