Monday, August 16, 2010

My New Favorite Room

Taking an unattractive room and turning it into a completely different place - a warm and inviting and beautiful one - gives me a thrill. Here's our office, and I really should have taken a "before" shot, because without one you can't really appreciate the transformation, but maybe I can describe it well enough to given you a idea... The walls were practically white ~ actually a really really pale pinkish sort of color, which the previous owners apparently thought was an attractive color. (Not me.) And the desk was facing the window, with the bookcase, a filing cabinet, and a a taller black bookcase along the walls. That set-up wasn't too bad, but the whole room just needed a face-lift - and I do love changing things up. Jeff took care of the paint job, and I went in the next day and put my own touches on everything. We decided to put the desk in the middle of the room facing the doorway instead, took out the tall black bookcase, and everything else sort of fell into place. Now I absolutely love this room! Before it was just a generic room with a desk in it. Now it feels like an office, and I love it. I feel smart just walking in. :)

Jeff worked from home today (a rare treat), so here he is in his t-shirt and shorts on a conference call, enjoying the new space.

1 comment:

  1. Setting up a new work area, or re-organizing an old one, always makes me feel more productive at work. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete