We visited Grandmom & Grandpa after dinner on Monday night... Grandpa's mind is slipping, and his body is very weak, but he's still kicking at 92! God bless him! And God bless Grandmom who takes care of him so lovingly. (Most of you know that she married my Grandpa after my biological grandmother, Gladys, died when I was eight or so. And Grandmom is 23 years younger than Grandpa... So their story is a bit similar to Jeff's and mine.)
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Trip to Lexington
Kiff has Spring Break this week, and Jeff had a business trip to California in the early part of the week, so Kiff and I took off for Lexington to visit my family and go horseback riding... I'm so grateful that Kiff and I get along so well! She's kind of like a little sister to me since I'm only 16 years older than she, but in a strange sort of way I'm still somewhat of a mother figure to her too. Our relationship is definitely unique! And we get along great. :)
We visited Grandmom & Grandpa after dinner on Monday night... Grandpa's mind is slipping, and his body is very weak, but he's still kicking at 92! God bless him! And God bless Grandmom who takes care of him so lovingly. (Most of you know that she married my Grandpa after my biological grandmother, Gladys, died when I was eight or so. And Grandmom is 23 years younger than Grandpa... So their story is a bit similar to Jeff's and mine.)

Beautiful Virginia countryside on our way to the horses on Tuesday afternoon.
Kiff hadn't gone trail riding in a number of years and loved it!

I did too. :)
After going trail riding, we headed out to the Schneiders' home in Covington for the late afternoon/evening. I love these kids! And they are growing like weeds!

Grant is over 6', they think.


Grace baked us Oatmeal Spice Bars, and Autumn made us peanut butter cookies - both very yummy!
Me with my only redheaded niece. :)
Precious, beautiful family ~ with another baby coming in October!
Then Wednesday morning, Kiff and I went to Lexington Coffee where a group of local bluegrass musicians gather every week for some jam time... It was awesome!
Just a bunch of old geezers, but boy are they good. Nothing like bluegrass.
I can't believe I went the whole time without taking any pictures of Mom & Dad! What's wrong with me?!
We visited Grandmom & Grandpa after dinner on Monday night... Grandpa's mind is slipping, and his body is very weak, but he's still kicking at 92! God bless him! And God bless Grandmom who takes care of him so lovingly. (Most of you know that she married my Grandpa after my biological grandmother, Gladys, died when I was eight or so. And Grandmom is 23 years younger than Grandpa... So their story is a bit similar to Jeff's and mine.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loved seeing the pictures of the Schneiders. They ARE growing like weeds. Pretty ones. The picture of them in front of the clock reminds me of the Sound Of Music. ;-) C
ReplyDelete