Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sunny Cali

I love having a husband who has to go to California on business trips. :)

He had a meeting out there this last week and took me with him this time; he took two vacation days while we were there so we could do a little sight-seeing. And I was pretty excited because I've never been to the LA area before. It is GORGEOUS! (Well, parts of it are.) I especially love the palm trees everywhere! And the beautiful vibrant flowers. It was chillier than we anticipated (60s instead of 80s), but still a lovely trip.

View from our hotel room in Newport Beach:
Jeff joined the Apollo 13 crew while we were there, by the way. He'll be going up soon.
At Universal Studios, overlooking the Burbank area... I think.
Set from a Dr. Suess movie. So fun... Wish we could have gotten out of the trolley car and roamed around a bit. The trolley took us on a tour through various sets ~ this was fascinating to me. I love going behind-the-scenes.
Me getting eaten by Jaws.
I always wanted to meet Lucy!!
We love Bill Cosby ~ had to get Jeff's pic in front of his star in Hollywood.
This is me and Suzy, who I was friends with in Shanghai. She lives in LA now so we got together and caught up while Jeff was working! So fun.
Along Laguna Beach... breathtaking.



My handsome man on the Huntington Beach pier.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! What a treat to be able to spend time out there! Looks like you had some nice weather, too.... some days a little warmer than others, but sunny.

    ReplyDelete