
Meet Sylvie's new employer! :)
Jeff and I have been praying and thinking for a little while about me getting a job... Something part-time and low-stress to keep me busy doing something I like and to bring in a little extra cash. I tried to substitute teach with the local school district this past year, but let me tell you - WHAT a hassle!!! I never got ONE job with them. Nothing but red tape, and once I was finally approved, there simply were not any jobs available, and I checked online nearly every day. So with that not working out, Jeff and I just basically said - well, if something appropriate opens up, great. If not, no big deal.
Anyway... with Kiff about to get her license, that frees me up a bit more - since I won't have to drive her around to soccer practice and such. So... I guess about two weeks ago, I decided to look online for a job. I went to craigslist, and low and behold there was one lone job advertised for Purcellville, and it was for a health food store, which is right up my alley! I'm not a health food freak by any means, but I do like taking natural vitamins and in general eating as healthfully as it makes sense to. I've actually thought for a few years now that I'd like to work part-time at a health food store, and so when I saw this job, I thought - perfect! I sent my resume in immediately, a few days later I got a call, I went in for a casual interview, and she offered me the job on the spot! They are great people - so friendly. The store is a relatively small one, and it's part of a small chain of Healthway Natural Foods stores throughout the the northern Virginia region. I wanted to come home and discuss it with Jeff before I accepted it.... which I did... and we both thought - yes, this is such a good fit. It's 22 hours a week. Just right! Thank you Lord for your provision! It's amazing that in this economy and in this small Virginia town, I was able to find just the right job at just the right time!
So.... I start Monday. And yay for my 20% discount!
That's great, Sylvie!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! If I ever went back to work that kind of place would be right up my alley! I hope you're a perfect fit with them, yay for 20% off that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Sylvie! Our small-town health food store in our part of Heidelberg is nice too. All the people always smile and look genuinely nice - something of a rarity in German retail. I think it's all that healthy food ... :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased for you! The job truly seems to have been a 'God-send'. The Lord bless you in this new venture!
ReplyDelete